The mission of the National Council is to act as the center of communication on all matters of national interest and benefit to all AJA veterans, and do any and all things to better serve and promote their best interests on veterans concerns and issues, and any other matters concerning veterans.
The objectives of the AJA National Council are:
- to act on behalf of all AJA veterans at a national level as a coordinating organization, dealing directly with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Public Affairs Office of the President, the Congress, and as appropriate, State governments and the District of Columbia on matters concerning AJA veterans;
- to be the vehicle for promoting, publicizing, and making known the history and experience of AJA veterans and any monuments/memorials pertaining to them;
- to establish and maintain a communication network among the regions and the National Council and act as an intermediary for the exchange of information;
- to preserve and strengthen comradeship among AJA organizations; and
- to facilitate, support, and coordinate national activities of AJA veterans such as meetings, conventions, and exhibits.
The AJA National Council shall not supplant or supersede the autonomy of any veterans organizations.